Thursday, June 07, 2007

friends, froggies and the potty

Yeah! I have my camera now and I love it! Well, the last couple of days have been fun. Hailey's friend Sidney came to visit yesterday afternoon and we spent the evening together. Her friend Elijah joined us as well ...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For dinner we ate corn on the cob and Hailey decided it was more fun to eat straight from the cob ...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have been meaning to share with you Hailey's obsession with her "froggies" (thank you Robin). For Alyssa's 3rd birthday, the "goody bags" were little froggies in clear container where you can catch/watch bugs - the birthday theme was "A Bug's Life". Well, you would think those froggies are gold because every day since Alyssa's birthday (back in April) Hailey has played and played with those froggies and still to this day it is her favorite toy! She takes it to Nana's during the day, plays with it at night and even brings them to church.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

She has also started to make-believe play. She has a Noah's Ark set and will actually make the animals talk, eat etc ... its so fun to watch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lastly, a potty update ... we are still "playing" around with potty training. I don't want to push it and make her hate the potty so when I am home we "go potty" and she wears pull-ups. She gets the idea, but has never actually gone on the potty. Well, yesterday I asked her if she had to go potty and she pulled on her diaper and said off. So I (very stupidly) took her diaper off in the living room expecting us then to walk to the bathroom to go potty like we usually do. Well, I guess she is getting the idea, because as soon as the diaper is off she squats and pees on the floor! I didn't know what to do, because I guess its good that she understands she needs to take her diaper off and go potty - but not on the living room floor!

and to end this post I had to share this picture from our vacation that Kim send me. I think its a great pix!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it IS a great pic!
Rex loved his froggies too, robin but sadly there are only 1 or 2 left...probably under the couch or in Percy's belly!

Katie

Tonya said...

that IS a great pic :) I love the others as well.. Geez we are having so many potty issues.. the worst being randie does not want to even sit on it now! argg so frustrating.. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh YES the froggies!!! Alyssa loves her's too. She also plays with them almost every day. It's funny because I had considered that maybe I shouldn't give them to Rex and Hailey since if they decided to try to eat one then I would feel bad. But I guess I made the right choice to ignore all the "ages 3 and up" signs. Ha ha!

XXOO
Robin