I had to share the pix below ... Hailey, Laura and Karen sleeping in the "infamous" box
This morning we had a PT evaluation for Hailey per my request. As many of you know she has been in gymnastics and I have noticed subtle things that caught my eye. I also noticed some small, some bigger differences between her movement and that of her friends.
This morning we had a PT evaluation for Hailey per my request. As many of you know she has been in gymnastics and I have noticed subtle things that caught my eye. I also noticed some small, some bigger differences between her movement and that of her friends.
Sure enough Hailey has some "tightness" in her upper legs (which is where she is always complaining of having pain) ie, when she had strep and I took her in for upper leg pain. She also has issues with climbing stairs, sitting cross legged, jumping and posture in general. She did notice Hailey cannot sit/stand still and believe this could have to do with muscle tone, but only time with tell. Its nothing life changing or anything that can't be fixed with a little PT. Her PT said she is about a year behind in some general areas that I mentioned above. We will be going once a week for 6 weeks and then re-evaluate.
She will also be starting preschool January 5th and we are quite excited. I think both these things will help her alot in general areas. Her preschool was actually a suggestion from her PT and the teacher is actually a certified occupational therapist so all in all she is well covered.
Tomorrow we are going to the preschool for two hours in the morning for a test run before the big day.
All in all, for being premature we have been VERY blessed with how well Hailey has done. I am slightly nervous with Hailey starting preschool (and how bad she did at gymnastics) to see if any more physical or learning issues come up, but I think at this point we are doing the best we can to make sure she succeeds!
2 comments:
Hey there! Thx for the comment on my blog re Miralax. I thought of you guys when I was talking to the ped since I remember Hailey being on it last year?? So I just read your post today and what struck me is that Kim (on our preemie board) was talking about hypotonia and basically other low tone issues common in preemies being related to former preemies suffering so frequently from constipation. It sounds very related and seems to make sense with their muscles being a bit weak down there you know? - Tiff
PS On day 3 (today) the Miralax kicked in and really helped!
PS Congrats on starting preschool. I am sure she will do wonderfully since she is so social already!
Post a Comment