Well, here is Hailey and Daddy putting together the track ...

And here is Hailey after her photo shoot last week with Elmo ...

Lastly, for a health update, those of you who remember Hailey's NICU days will remember that she dealt with alot of "bowel" problems and was glycerin dependent for probably 6 months of her life. Well, we have dealt on and off with constipation since then. Now it is so severe it is causing bleeding so they have started her on miralax once a day and will check in with us at her 15 month appt. In the NICU they had said we should probably run more tests when she turned a year to check for problems, but since she was doing so well I didn't bring it up. We will see what the doctor says next month.
Also, Hailey had physical therapy yesterday, it went well, but now she is not as comfortable with Jen as she was before we started trying the lite gait. She is so afraid of it that she is much more clingy which makes it harder to do the therapy. We are still waiting on our eval for OT, it could take up to 6 weeks. Jen, our physical therapists, thinks they won't get us a specialist because Hailey isn't that bad off, but might give Jen the o.k. to spend more time with Hailey working on sensory as well as physical aspects. She is so close to walking its crazy. Actually, she took her first step yesterday and stood alone for the longest I have seen her. She has the motion of walking down and has great balance she just won't give up the security of holding something unless you distract her. Last night though if you put her close enough to things she would let go and move between then with ease actually taking a step toward them not holding anything.
GO HAILEY GO!
3 comments:
Oh my word. That picture is too priceless (the one of Hailey and daddy with the train)! I am smiling and shaking my head at the same time. Poor mommy!!
Too cute with the trains!
It is great to read that Hailey is so close to walking! How exciting. She will get braver through time and will be running you ragged before you know it.
well, what can you say? She is her father's daughter! I have to say though. If I had found that whole set for $34, I would have bought it too! I usually take Kalyn to Barnes and Nobles and she plays with the train setup there.
Don't worry about the walking thing. Believe me, once she starts walking, sometime you'll wish she would stop for a little while!
Post a Comment