Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Prematurity Awareness Day

November is Prematurity Awareness month and the 14th is Prematurity Awareness Day. Please check out the March of Dimes website (www.marchofdimes.com) to find out ways you can help these tiny babies survive. Many people look at Hailey now and think she is healthy and all is behind us, but the worries never end, they last long beyond her NICU stay. I worry not only for her life and future, but for those who I have met through her premature birth.
Also, I worry about the future, I would LOVE to have more children, but the fear of what may happen and how early the next one would be stops me from dreaming. I hear about my friends getting pregnant and having babies, and I am happy for them, but it is tainted with longing for another baby that might never be.

Please keep all our preemies and those yet to be born in your hearts and prayers!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Amanda, we will pray for all these little ones and their parents. We have been blessed to have Hailey and she is blessed to have faithful parents like you and Tim. She has come a long way and may God continue to do His work in her. Love Meme